More than Oktoberfest, it feels like it’s applefest season! Every where I look, it’s all about apples which I don’t mind as it is one of my favorite fruits so who am I to complain? There is one thing though, most of the apple recipes out there right now involve some kind of baking and while I do love baked apple desserts (apple crisp anyone?), I also like to get the taste of the raw fruit.
I actually crave salads! There is something about the sweetness of an apple combined with salad and a vinaigrette dressing that makes my mouth water just thinking about it. A few friends have said to me “who in the world craves salads?”
I guess I’m one of those weirdos since I do! My response to one of my friends was “girl, you’re doing salads all wrong!” One of my favorite ways of incorporating apples daily into my diet is in salads. It’s all about variety. If you do “boring” salads of course you won’t crave that!
Even though this salad is very simple to make be sure to know that is everything except boring. Salads in my opinion are not a summer thing. I make them year round as they help me stay balanced with my diet specially during those heavy holiday meals! Besides, an apple a day keeps the doctor away (sorry, I had to be cheesy lol)
This post has been sponsored by the awesome folks at SweeTango® Apples but all thoughts and opinions are my own. For next week’s post I will be hosting a giveaway of these delicious apples so stay tuned for more details on that!
SweeTango® Apples is the perfect fall apple. It’s crisp, incredibly juicy and distinctly flavorful – everything a great apple should be.
Apple lovers rave about SweeTango. This apple is flavor, nurtured by the finest apple growers in the world. Introduced in 2009, SweeTango combines the best qualities of the Honeycrisp and Zestar! varieties.
Apple Lemon Salad
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby lettuce or mesclun salad mix
- 2 SweeTango apples, sliced
- 1/3 cups chopped fresh flat parsley
- Crumbled feta cheese for topping (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, honey, and Dijon.
- While whisking the dressing, pour the olive oil slowly and continue whisking until all ingredients are well integrated.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, add the lettuce, apple and parsley and mix.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Top with the crumbled feta cheese