Oh hey guys!
Can you believe this is the third time I’ve blogged in less than 7 days? I think this is a record! To tell you the truth I’ve been uninspired for lack of a better word, to cook different meals since I started my de-fluff process (aka dieting ;)). Lately I’ve been eating the same things since I have a set number of calories each day. I feel like my creativity & desire to cook went down the drain!
But I had enough of it! I started to pull myself out of the hole I was falling into and searched deep down inside of me for what brings me joy. I realized it’s cooking & blogging!
Going thru the dieting process made me realize that physique competitions are not for me (I talk about it HERE why I’m competing again). I haven’t decided whether I’ll go through with my competition or not. I’m still searching for the “what I get out of competing” reason that makes this process worth it. I guess I wasn’t 100% sure of it when I made the commitment 😉 For now, I’ll continue the process until my mind is all clear of all doubts.
Anyway, getting back to what brings me joy – this little blog in the inter-web and cooking for the people I love. Being creative keeps me sane, grounded and happy. I promised myself not let dieting bring me down. For my own sake and for the people around me 🙂
So without further ado, I present to you a dish that is approved by dieters as well as non-dieters: Asian Steak Kebabs. These are so easy & quick to make that it’s perfect for weeknight dinners.
Asian Steak Kebabs
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. each chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs of top sirloin, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Broccoli Slaw:
- 1 bag broccoli slaw mix (10 oz)
- 3 scallions, sliced on the bias
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and brush it oil.
- Preparing the Steak:
- In a large bowl, whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, chili garlic sauce, oil and brown sugar. Add the sirloin and toss to coat.
- Set aside to marinate while making the slaw.
- Making the slaw:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, ginger, brown sugar, and chili garlic sauce. Add the slaw and scallions and toss to mix.
- Set aside.
- Grilling the Kebabs:
- Divide the steak among 4 metal skewers.
- Grill kebabs, covered, until charred, 2 minutes per side.
- Remove kebabs from grill to a plate and cover with foil. Let it rest for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve skewers with slaw and garnish with sesame seeds.