This weather is getting to me. I live in Arizona and lately it has been so cold and rainy that I feel like I live in Seattle. For years I dreamed that I wanted to live in a place like Seattle and that's all I could think about and wish for. But after a week of non stop rain and gloomy weather that dream came to a halt. I wanted my sunshine back!
Now I'm okay just visiting places that have that kind of weather but I couldn't live in it for long periods of time. It's kind of like being the aunt of an amazing but very active 2 year old.... you play with him for a little bit then you give him back to the parents to deal with the tantrums. It's okay in small doses but no more than that 🙂
To enjoy the much needed sunshine, my friends and I got together at The Farm At South Mountain for lunch. This restaurant is set in a large grassy field with mature pecan trees and lots of picnic tables. It's a great place. I'm a baby when it comes to cold weather and being in the sunshine again made me realize that I love my sunny (and hot) Arizona. I'm here to stay!
I made a Coffee-Coffee Bundt Cake for the girls and wanted to post about it here but it wasn't the perfect cake in my opinion. A little too dry and not blog worthy. I was adamant about blogging about a bundt cake but since I had to redo my post, and my heart was still aching about my failure, I decided to go for mini-bundt cakes instead.
I really like how easy this recipe is to make and the mini cakes cook so quickly so they're ready in no time. I think they're perfect for brunch, dessert or even as a snack. So delicious!
This recipe is from Baked by Rachel and was adapted slightly by making the recipe into mini bundt cakes instead of a 10-inch cake.
Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Bundt Cakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup ripe banana about 1.5 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 ups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Confectioner powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using cooking spray, grease a 12 mini bundt pan, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. With mixer on low, add eggs and vanilla. Add banana and mix well. Add the flour mixture, minus chocolate chips, mixing until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well using a spatula or wooden spoon
- Spoon about 3 to 4 tablespoons batter into the bottom of each bundt cake mold, spreading into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of 1 cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar