These quick and easy Blackened Shrimp Tacos with creamy cilantro lime ranch & corn/avocado salsa are perfect for a healthy & delicious weeknight meal. Everything comes together in 30 minutes!
This recipe came about when I ran out of blacked salmon from this old old very old recipe that I continue to make regularly. I had extra corn salsa, cilantro lime ranch and the dry spices for the rub so I thoughts I would try this on shrimp. I added fire roasted bell peppers & onions from Trader Joe’s (which I recommend to have handy at all times!) for extra flavor when sautéing the shrimps and it came out sooo good!
Toppings: Corn Salsa & Cilantro Lime Ranch (see recipes below)
- In a small bowl, combine flour, chili powder, paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the remaining of the oil on the shrimp and rub the spice mixture to coat evenly.
- Place shrimp in preheated skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side until outside is lightly blackened.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside in a bowl.
- To the same skillet, add the green/red bell peppers & onions. Sauté until soft and a little caramelized. Add shrimp back to skillet and heat for another minute until warm.
Assemble tacos by dividing shrimp mixture among tortillas, corn salsa and drizzle with Cilantro Lime Ranch. Serve immediately.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until all ingredients are finely chopped.
- Store in refrigerator.