Even though we’re still in the low 100’s, technically it’s not cool enough for baking season, but this weekend I had a sudden desire to bake something sweet. I didn’t want to fuss too much with a recipe so I kept it simple and made some blondies. This recipe is all about basic ingredients plus I didn’t even use an electric mixer! Needless to say the clean up was a breeze :).
This recipe is from All Recipes. With over 1,200 reviews and 4.5 stars, you know it’s a good one! All I did different was mix the chocolate chips and walnuts at the same time as some of the reviews suggested. I assure you that you won’t be disappointed if you decide to make them.
Have a fantastic week!
Recipe by All RecipesPrint
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Grease a 9×9-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, add the sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift the entire mix one more time.
- Add the walnuts and chocolate chips. Mix well and set aside.
- Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter and mix well. Cool slightly.
- Mix the beaten egg and vanilla into the brown sugar mixture. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing just until combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.