We all know that weeknight dinners are always a struggle since most of us have busy lives. I feel confident to say that the majority of people are stuck in a rut and always end up cooking the same ol’ things. Right? Now that I’ve been blogging for a few years, I can’t imagine not experimenting with new dishes and making a delicious weeknight dinner here and there. I feel it’s my duty to share with you this delicious, healthy & quick dinner you can make any time of year. So get in the kitchen and try this new dish!!
This crowd pleaser meal should take about 30 minutes to prepare unless you’re very slow with the knife 😉 . But I promise it won’t take more than 45 minutes to make. What took me the longest was mincing the garlic for the Garlic spaghetti. I think fresh garlic (instead of the jarred stuff) is best in a dish like this since it’s one of the main flavors.
For someone that likes kitchen gadgets I can’t believe I still don’t own a garlic press!! I think this calls for a shopping day 🙂
- For the chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, halved,
- pounded to 1/4-inch thick (about 8 oz each)
- Salt & pepper
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- For the sauce
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup halved heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dust with flour.
- Coat a large sauté pan with nonstick spray and add the olive oil. Heat over medium-high.
- Saute the chicken until it browns, 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth and cream to the same pan and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen the brown bits. Simmer sauce for about 3 minutes until it thickens a little bit.
- Add the tomatoes and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- Return the chicken to the pan and cook to warm through for about 2 minutes.
- Serve chicken with sauce and garnish with parsley.
- 8 oz dry spaghetti
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled ricotta salata (you can substitute the ricotta salata with feta cheese)
- Cook spaghetti in a pot with boiling salted water according to package.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and set aside.
- Drain the pasta.
- In the same pot, heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds (make sure it doesn’t burn).
- Stir in the pasta water, parsley, zest & spaghetti.
- Toss to coat.
- Season with salt & pepper then add the ricotta salata.
- Serve warm.