Chicken Tinga is a classic Mexican dish made with shredded chicken and onions in an adobe-tomato sauce.
It can be served on tostadas, tacos, tortas, empanadas or as a main dish along with some rice & beans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 rotisserie chicken breast (8 oz), cooked & shredded
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 chile chipotle, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Tostadas, bolillo bread or corn tortillas for serving
- Mexican crema
- Crumbled queso fresco
- shredded lettuce
- In a medium skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft. About 2 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken, broth, tomatoes, chile chipotle, salt & pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- If needed, add more salt & pepper according to taste.
- Serving suggestions: Use it for burritos, tortas, tostadas, or corn tortillas for tacos.
- Top with avocado, radishes, lettuce, Mexican crema, cilantro lime ranch crema, queso fresco, hot sauce.
This recipe is great for leftovers for when you need a quick meal or lunch the next day. Just double the recipe!
The noted calories are just for the chicken only. Toppings have not been calculated as that can vary according to taste.
- Serving Size: 1/2 portion
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 682 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 80 mg
Keywords: rotisserie, Mexican food, chipotle sauce, quick and easy, adobo sauce, easy recipes