- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 2 big bananas)
- 1 large egg
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whole or 2% milk
- 3 oz baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 (12-cup) nonstick muffin tin with 12 paper cupcake liners
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk until incorporated.
- Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients just until blended (but do not over-mix as it could result in a tough muffin). Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins until the tops are pale golden and a tester inserted into the center comes out with some melted chocolate attached but no crumbs, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins to rack to cool for 15 minutes. Then remove from the muffin tins.
- Cook’s Note: The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.