Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cinnamon Swirl are perfect for this holiday season. Whether it’s waking up in the morning to the smell of coffee cake or taking a bite of warm cookie at night, you probably have a favorite baked holiday treat, since treats are a constantly present during the holidays.
Whether you’re hosting or attending a cookie exchange, with these cookies you’ll be the star of the swap! These Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cinnamon Swirl are made with less sugar but taste every bit as amazing as the full sugar version. Nobody can say no to dense, chewy centers and crispiness on the outside. Perfect for dipping in milk!
Another delicious recipe in collaboration with the lovely folks at Truvia® . I’ve been using their products for many years since I like to watch my sugar intake. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
As with regular chocolate chip cookies, make sure not to over bake them. Take them out of the oven when they still look puffy and almost under-baked.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (16 Tbsp), room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup + 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Truvía® Cane Sugar Blend
- 1/2 cup Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
For the cinnamon swirl
- 1/4 cup Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, Truvía Cane Sugar Blend & Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until mixed well. Add flour mixture and beat just to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips & walnuts and mix with a spatula until incorporated.
- For the cinnamon swirl: combine all ingredients and drop the mixture by spoonfuls over the cookie dough; gently swirl through.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoon balls of dough onto one of the cookie sheets. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets.
Bake until the edges are a light golden, about 13 to 15 minutes. Let cookie cool on baking sheets 5 minutes before transferring to racks to cool completely.