Hi friends! On my last post (Monday) I mentioned how excited I was and that I had some news to share with you but I couldn't just yet. Well, I'm delighted to share that NBC Latino featured this lil' blog in their section "Food Blogs We Love"! I feel honored that they picked me. My blog represents a little humble space on the interweb among some amazing food bloggers that I dearly admire. The fact that NBC Latino featured Fit, fun & delish is a pretty big deal to me.
I really look forward to growing as a blogger, improving my food photography skills (which is darn hard if you ask me!), learning to express myself better since English is my second language, but most importantly, I look forward to continue developing relationships with all you wonderful people out there.
Phew! Did that sound like a speech or what??? 😀 Okay, I won't continue boring you to death so I'm moving on to these wonderful scones!
These are definitely the best scones I have ever had and I don't say it just because I made them myself ;). Seriously guys, they are so flavorful that you don't need much of anything else to go with them. You can have them with some jam if you choose to of course. They're delicious either way.
Cranberry & Almond Scones
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 6 tablespoons milk 2% or whole
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender, two knives or by hand until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla & egg until just moistened. Gently fold in cranberries & almonds.
- On a lightly floured surface knead the dough for about 2 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and form into a 1-inch-thick round. Cut into 8 wedges and separate each piece about about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the scones for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cook's notes: Don't worry if the dough is sticky. It gives a wonderful texture to the scones once they're baked.