These are the features you can expect from this this minimalist WordPress theme:
- Clean and simple widgetized home page for a flexible layout
- Make it your own with the typography and color Customizer options
- Upload your own retina-quality logo and favicon OR simply type in your blog title to match the default styling
- Flexible grid archive options in Customizer
- Strategic areas for ads and opt-ins: before header, inside header, primary sidebar, secondary sidebar, after entry widget, footer widgets
- Built-in Featured Posts widget with flexible options
- Clean color scheme to highlight your branding & photos
- HTML5 Markup + Mobile Responsive
- Built in “read more” button
- Styled responsive drop down menu
- Landing page template (full-width template)
- Styled share buttons, subscribe widget, contact form, and comment form
- Easily integrates with your email subscription service
What else will I need to make this theme work?
This child theme requires the Genesis Framework, which must be purchased separately. While not required to make the theme work at its basic level, we recommend the following plugins for full functionality:
- Cookbook Recipe Plugin
- Gravity Forms
- Genesis Enews Extended
- Simple Social Icons
- Genesis Simple Share
- WP Featherlight
Food Blog Hosting
Brunch Pro is an optional theme in our very own Food Blogger Hosting package! It’s included in the price if you don’t yet own it, and if you do own Brunch Pro, you can get a $75 discount off the hosting package. With both pagespeed and security at the forefront of user experience as well as search engine optimization, we’ve put together a package that includes:
- Lightning fast page loads with caching
- Managed SSL enabled on all front and back end pages
- Free migration from your old host
Just starting out? Try the Food Blogger Hosting, Jr plan.
What size should my logo be?
We recommend a header size of 640 × 300 pixels and you can upload your logo in the Customizer. You’ll have the option to crop if you need to. Or, if you don’t have a logo, you can simply type in your blog name and it will be styled to match the rest of your typography.
Take note: You’ll need to upload a logo sized at 640 x 300, but it will only appear as 320 x 150. This is because retina screens need a double resolution to appear clear. While this logo area may appear small to some, it has been optimized for placement on all screen sizes, including mobile devices.
How big should my post images be?
To make full use of the theme and it’s built-in thumbnail sizes, you’ll need to make sure that your featured image is at least 680px wide by 900px tall. We also recommend including a Pinterest-optimized vertical image within the body of your post. All other images can be flexible in width, but to fill the full width of the post area, try to shoot for photos that are at least 680 pixels wide.
On the flip side, you don’t want to upload images that are too big. If this is a concern for you, check out the TinyPNG plugin to compress images on upload.
How does the “Read More” button work?
If you are using excerpts on the archive pages, blog page, or in the Featured Posts widget, a “Read More” button will automatically appear for you. You can also use the MORE tag to insert the button when displaying full content.
What recipe plugin do you recommend?
I’m glad you asked! Sure, you need a plugin that will make your recipes look great and get attention from Google, but we think you also need a simple, streamlined solution. It was our honor to collaborate with WP Site Care to give you just that–enter CookbookPlugin.com. Check it out and thank us later!
What if I have more questions? How can I get support?
Can you install and customize it for me?
Absolutely! Check out our Done For You services for more details.
This page contains affiliate links. Your clicks and purchases help support Feast at no extra charge to you. We only recommend products that we’re madly in love with.