A super delicious Summer Pasta Salad with zucchini, basil, grape tomatoes and fresh mozzarella mixed with a homemade tomato vinaigrette.
For the dressing
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
For the salad
- 4 oz cellentani, campanelle or fusilli pasta
- 1/2 small zucchini
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup mozzarella pearls
- 1/4 cup silvered almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper according to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cook, make the dressing: bring a small saucepan of water to a boil; add the garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove the garlic and place in a small food processor or small blender like a bullet. Add the cherry tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil and basil; puree until smooth.
- Season with salt & pepper according to taste.
- Make the salad: When the pasta is ready, drain it and rinse under cold water; shake off the excess.
- Transfer the pasta to a bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Shave the zucchini into strips with a vegetable peeler or mandoline; halve the strips crosswise and add to the pasta.
- Add the tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, almonds and basil. Toss and mix well. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 431
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 120 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 27 g
Keywords: side dish, cooking for two, lunch, summer parties, tomato vinaigrette, garden salad