Grilled Steak Kebabs & Potatoes. These kebabs are made with beef tenderloin which is the leanest and most tender cut of beef. The chimichurri sauce enhances the tenderloin’s mild flavor since it’s perfect for grilled meats. The potatoes are also grilled which cuts the time spent in the kitchen and are simple but delicious! Serve with a side salad for the perfect spring and summer dish.
Last week I had the honor to be featured in Yahoo Foods as their Blogger of the Week! To start off the week, they posted an interview with me on Monday (read here) and each day afterwards one of my recipes was featured. How cool is that! I never thought my little blog would be highlighted on such a great site since I never intended to be one of the super food bloggers.
Chimichurri Sauce – Click here for the recipePrint
Grilled Steak Kebabs & Potatoes
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1/2 cup Chimichurri Sauce (See recipe above on blog post)
- 3 to 4 red or yellow new potatoes (or 6 to 8 small ones), cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 beef tenderloin or top sirloin, cut into 2-inch chunks
- Use your preferred vinaigrette or make the following one:
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Toss potatoes in 2 Tbsp olive oil, salt & pepper to taste.
- Grill covered, over medium heat until brown and soft, about 5 to 7 minutes per side
- Toss beef with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Thread beef onto skewers.
- Grill over medium-high heat, to desired doneness (about 3 mins per side for medium-rare).
- Rest kebabs 5 minutes. Brush with chimichurri while the kebabs are resting.
- Serve kebabs warm with potatoes, remaining chimichurri sauce & salad.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk ingredients (except the oil).
- Continue to whisk the ingredients while adding the oil slowly. Season with salt & pepper.