Now that I’ll be starting out my leaning out phase on Sunday, it’s important that I find recipes that meet my nutrition goals but are delicious at the same time. Healthy dishes don’t have to be boring and this one is one of them! It can be eaten for breakfast, as a snack or for a post workout meal. It’s high on protein and carbs (yes you do need carbs for energy!) and low in fat.
It has a light fluffy consistency with a little tangy flavor from the Greek Yogurt but sweet from the sweetener & vanilla. So good!
Make sure to eat it as soon as it’s ready unless you don’t mind a flat souffle. I took a long time to photograph my recipe and as you can see it was already starting to de-fluff 🙂 Don’t worry about if it goes flat on you, the flavor will still be awesome!
Recipe adapted from Baking BitesPrint
- 8 oz non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 large egg. Separate whites from yolks
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2.5 tbsp stevia or truvia (non calorie sweetener)
- 3 –12 oz ramekins or 6 – 6oz ones
- butter and sugar, for ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Butter the ramekins thoroughly with baking spray, then coat with stevia or truvia (I prefer truvia since it has the consistency of real sugar.)
- Set on a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg yolks, flour, salt and vanilla extract.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually stream in sugar and continue beating on medium-high speed until all sugar has been incorporated and egg whites have reached soft peaks.
- Working in two or three batches, gently fold egg whites in to yolk mixture. This can be done with a whisk or with a spatula. Make sure all egg whites have been fully incorporated.
- Divide mixture evenly into ramekins, about 3/4 full each and leaving ramekins on the baking tray.
- If using the 12 oz ramekins, bake for about 22 to 25 minutes, until evenly risen and lightly browned around the edges. If using the 6 oz ones, then bake for about 15 minutes
- Serve immediately.