A blend of fresh garlic & herbs create this flavorful & aromatic dipping oil! This Herbs & Olive Oil Bread Dip is perfect with warm French bread or to use as a marinade in meats & chicken.
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary (or dried if you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or more as needed.
- Using a mortar and pestle tool, add half of the ingredients and crush all ingredients together until the garlic is all ground and mixed well with the other herbs. Repeat process for the remaining of the herbs.
- Transfer mix to a small dish or bowl and add olive oil.
- Serve with fresh bread (I like to use french bread or baguette).
The calorie count for this recipe does not include the olive oil as that can vary depending how much you use. 1 Tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories.
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 4
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 140 mg
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: #party #appetizer #carrabbas #copycat #herbs #dipping #olive-oil