Make these Lemon Chia Seed Protein Pancakes! They are healthy, easy to make and delicious with only 290 calories per serving. Easy to double the recipe for two!
Note: This was originally posted on Jan 22, 2015 and now it has been updated with new photos.
Just like 70% of the population, I went on a diet at the beginning of the year. I really despise the word diet. It should be “lifestyle change”, but for me I’ve been living this lifestyle for almost 7 years!
So what does this mean?
- Eat healthy most of the time
- Go to the gym 4 times a week
- I don’t smoke and rarely drink booze (okay, only on a few social occasions where I like to get tipsy – because one drink will do that to me lol!).
Honestly I indulged a lot the last months of the year and especially the holidays. And I mean A LOT! This left me with some unwanted fluffy weight and that’s not O.K. The older we get the harder it is to take it off so I need to act now before it’s starts creeping on me one pound at the time.
This means I’m working on de-fluffing. The way to do it is by cutting and tracking my calories for a couple of months. In my opinion, the key to losing weight is counting calories. When your diet stalls, how can you troubleshoot what’s wrong if you don’t have any idea how many calories you consume a day? Exactly 😉
I’ll be sharing many more recipes soon that are figure-friendly along with their calorie count. This will help you and I stay on track.
This recipe is for one person but you can easily double it or make multiple batches to freeze and eat when you have no time to prepare breakfast (photos represent two servings). They are healthy, easy to make and delicious! Plus they are not too fluffy since they contain almost no flour. The bananas make them sweet enough that you won’t need much syrup….always a good thing right? 🙂
Lemon Chia Seeds Protein Pancakes
(Note: My protein powder is 31 g for 1 serving for 120 calories/1g fat/3g carbs/24g protein (Gold Standard 100% Whey ) Weigh your portion instead of using your scoop to measure. Use the recommended grams for 1 serving of your favorite protein powder. However, your protein powder may have a different amount of calories and will affect the amount of calories noted for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 17 mins
- Yield: 4 Pancakes 1x
- 2 egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 65 g banana
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon oat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- In a medium bowl, smash the bananas with a fork
- Add the remaining of the ingredients and combine all ingredients until smooth
- Heat a small nonstick pan over medium/low and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan. Cook until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, and the undersides are golden brown, about 1 minute. Flip with a spatula and cook about 1 minute more on the second side.
Here is another idea for Protein Pancakes!