This lemon pasta with broccoli & arugula is the perfect spring/summer side dish for this time of year. The lemon flavor is not overwhelming considering the use of two lemons. It can be served with grilled shrimp or chicken to make the perfect pairing.
I’ve been meaning to post a recipe for months now. This pasta dish makes the perfect come back recipe since I couldn’t keep it to myself only. I really hope you get to make this since since it’s truly delicious. The hubby couldn’t get enough of it!
It’s such a simple pasta dish and you can substitute a few of the ingredients without too much fuss – don’t have arugula? No problem, just use baby spinach. Don’t like broccoli? Use zucchini or even peas. I recommended pairing it with grilled shrimp or chicken but I actually served this along a beef Milanese since that’s what I had on hand.
As with most basic salad recipes, the success lies in the quality of the ingredients. Use fresh lemon juice, garlic, arugula & broccoli and a high quality extra virgin olive oil. It will make a difference 🙂
I also have these other pasta dishes you may enjoy!
As you can see the main ingredients are easy very simple and I bet that most of the time you already have them handy. Pasta, broccoli, & lemons are some of those staple ingredients! At least for me 🙂 … I hope you get to make this my friends! You and your family will love it.
Recipe has been adapted from the food networkPrint
Lemon Pasta with Broccoli and Arugula
Recipe has been adapted from the food network
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 to 5 servings 1x
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 16 oz pasta (fusili, bow or any past of your choice)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the 1 tablespoon of oil then add the garlic. Cook for about 60 seconds, stirring continuously.
- Add the cream, the lemon zest & juice, the salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until it starts to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the florets in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain the broccoli and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it in a colander and place it back into the pot. Immediately add the cream mixture and cook it over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until most of the sauce has been absorbed in the pasta.
- Pour the hot pasta into a large bowl, add the arugula, parmesan, tomatoes, and cooked broccoli. Toss well, season to taste, and serve hot.