Enjoy these simple & savory Lemon-Thyme Muffins any time of year. They are delicious on their own but pair perfectly with any saucy & hearty beef or chicken recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyere or Jarlsberg cheese
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 up olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Soft butter for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, thyme, zest, baking powder, salt, pepper, and baking soda. Stir in the cheese and mix well.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix the greek yogurt or sour cream, olive oil and 2 eggs.
- Add it to the flour mixture and stir just until combined well.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups about 3/4 quarters full.
- Bake muffins until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. About 22 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Serve with soft butter.