Enjoy these simple & savory Lemon-Thyme Muffins any time of year. They are delicious on their own but pair perfectly with any saucy & hearty recipe.
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda (measure with your 1/4 teaspoon and only fill half of it)
- 6 tablespoons cup shredded Gruyere or Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- Soft butter for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 6 cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, thyme, zest, baking powder, salt, pepper, and baking soda. Stir in the cheese and mix well.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix the greek yogurt or sour cream, olive oil and 2 eggs.
- Add it to the flour mixture and stir just until combined well.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups about 3/4 quarters full.
- Bake muffins until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. About 22 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Serve with soft butter.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 302 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
Keywords: lemon muffins, easy bake, thyme muffins, olive oil, savory muffins, Greek yogurt, baking for two