Melon-Pepino agua fresca made with all fresh ingredients to cool you off during hot days!
I made this drink to play with my camera and my newly painted surface and it was so delicious I couldn’t help sharing it with you! The best part is if you add some vodka or tequila you’ll bring this refreshing drink to a new level! But anything with booze sounds awesome in my opinion 😉
Just blend some fresh honeydew melon, cucumber, fresh lime juice, water & sugar and that’s it! I think next time I’m going to blend it with some ice and add the booze directly to the blender to make it like a frozen margarita.
Melon Pepino Agua Fresca (Melon-Cucumber)
- 1/4 honeydew melon peeled, seeded and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 seedless cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar or more depending on taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 cups water
- Tequila or Vodka optional
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher, using a ladle to push the mixture through.
- Refrigerate until cold, at least 30 minutes. Divide among ice-filled glasses and add a shot of tequila or vodka if desired. Garnish with a cucumber spear.