This 30 minute or less Mexican Beef Tenderloin is fantastic for weeknight dinners. It’s delicious, healthy, tender and full of flavor!
- 1 teaspoon each chili powder, dried oregano and ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper (more if needed to taste)
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cubed
- 2 tablespoon avocado or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 /2 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Combine chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add beef and toss to coat well.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat.
- Add the beef and sear 2-3 minutes. Remove beef to a plate and set aside
- Heat additional 1 tablespoon oil over medium high.
- Add peppers, onion, and garlic and stir for about 2 to 3 minutes until just tender.
- Add tomatoes and beef to skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Serve over cooked white rice with lime wedges.
For the minced garlic, fresh or from the jar will work.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 325 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 61 mg
Keywords: weeknight dinner, healthy dinner, beef recipes, healthy mexican, 30 minutes or less, tenderloin