- 1 cup long-grain white rice, cooked (rice measurement is prior to cooking)
- 2 cups water + a dash of salt for cooking rice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest plus the juice of 1.5 limes (about 2 TBSP)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Salt & Pepper to tastet
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice and salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, 18 to 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and let steam, covered, for 5 minutes. Then spread onto a rimmed baking sheet. Let rice cool completely then transfer to a large bowl.
- To make the dressing: On a separate bowl, whisk the oil, honey, garlic, cumin, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, lime zest and remaining lime juice.
- Drizzle the dressing over the rice.
- Add the tomatoes, avocado, jalapeño and cilantro. Toss to combine.
- Taste for salt & pepper and add more if needed.
- When ready to serve top with chopped cilantro (optional)