Learn to make my family’s Mexican Rice recipe! It’s easy to make and so delicious with chicken and vegetable flavors. It’s the perfect Mexican side dish!
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped finely
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 chicken bullion cube (beef or vegetable bullion works too)
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetables such as peas, corn, carrots & green beans. Whatever you prefer. (Optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium-high. Add rice and sauté rice for about 2 minutes until it starts to get opaque.
- Add the onions and sauté until rice becomes light golden brown. About two minutes.
- Add the 2 cups chicken stock, tomato sauce, chicken bullion, frozen veggies, salt & pepper.
- Mix all ingredients and cover saucepan with lid.
- Bring rice mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- At the 10 minute mark, add the cilantro and mix everything well to make sure the bullion is distributed all around.
- Cover again and cook for another 10 minutes or until stock is completely absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before opening pan. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 645 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: receta, arroz mexicano, red rice, spanish, healthy, easy, authentic