These mini triple chocolate buttermilk pound cakes are a chocolate lover's dream! Deliciously moist, decadent and fluffy chocolate cakes.
The other day I walked into Homegoods and saw these adorable mini bundt cake pans (at half price!) and had to buy them right then! I'm trying not to do any impulse shopping (as I'm still exercising a minimalist lifestyle) but I've been wanting something like this for a long time so I can justify that purchase right? 😉
They're perfect individual size making them perfect for sharing or you can just freeze them and eat them when you're craving something super chocolaty! Let me just tell you about the flavor though, the chocolate flavor is very rich but not overpowering.....they're just perfect!
Recipe from My Recipes
Mini Triple-Chocolate Buttermilk Pound Cakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate morsels
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray 2 molds of 12-cup Bundt brownie pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients, set aside.
- In the electric mixer bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups butter at medium-high speed until smooth. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yolk disappears.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups buttermilk and next 2 ingredients.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed after each addition.
- Fold in bittersweet chocolate morsels and pour batter into pans, filling each about three-fourths full.
- Bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely.
- Drizzle with Chocolate Glaze
- Combine semisweet chocolate morsels, 3 Tbsp. butter, and 1 Tbsp. corn syrup in a microwave-safe glass bowl.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until morsels begin to melt, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth. Stir in 1/2 tsp. vanilla.