These Coconut Flour Protein Pancakes is an old recipe (back from 2011!!!) and I’m reposting it since it’s still one of my go to breakfasts after so many years! These Coconut Protein Pancakes have definitely stood the test of time.
By now everyone knows the importance of including a lot of protein in your diet righty?
Protein helps with muscle recovery, keeps you full longer throughout the day, stronger tendons & bones, etc. etc. Knowing this I eat about 120 grams of protein a day!
Egg whites are the best!
It is no secret that I love protein pancakes! Using egg whites for the protein source is a super easy way to increase your protein intake without stuffing yourself with meats or protein powders.
Besides eating tacos often, protein pancakes are on my top list of things to eat!
For these I used coconut flour vs regular flour to keep them gluten free. The coconut flour also has more grams of protein vs the white stuff plus it gives the amazing coconut flavor!
You can find coconut flour rather easily but I recommend Bob’s Red Mills and that’s the one I used to count the calories below.Print
- 5 Tbs coconut flour
- 1/4 Tsp Baking powder
- 4 Packets of truvia or low calorie sweetener of choice
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 7 Egg whites
- 1/4 Cup water (may use less depending on batter’s consistency)
- In a medium size bowl, combine all ingredients except for the water, and begin to mix. It will be very lumpy & thick at this point.
- Begin adding water slowly, a little at a time, stirring until a thick pancake batter forms, (you can also use a blender, hand-held mixer, or immersion blender) *Note: Batter will be a little thicker than typical pancake batter, but should still be thin enough to pour onto a griddle.
- Cook on nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto skillet. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Serve warm with sugar-free/lower-sugar syrup or non fat, light butter, whipped cream or whatever topping sounds good to you!
The calories below do not include toppings
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 33g