This Raspberry-Ricotta Cake is absolutely delicious! The ricotta cheese adds moisture with a slightly dense texture and delivers an amazing flavor. The preparation takes less than 15 minutes and does not require an electrical mixer. Easy clean up! This is definitely one of the easiest cakes I have ever made.
You would think that 115 degree temperatures (reached the record high this week) would stir (pun intended) me away from baking….but no! The summer heat has never stopped me from using my oven and I’m not about to change that. In fact, summer is when I get inspired to cook more! We go into hibernation since spending time outdoors is brutal (similar to east coasters in the winter) so there are not many things to do in the house besides clean and cook…. and who wants to spend their time cleaning right? So cooking it is and that includes baking delicious and yummy cakes such as this one.
I hope you get to make this cake. Errr, I’m giving you an order – Make it! You will really impress anyone you share it with…..that’s if you decide to share of course ;).
Next time I may use blueberries instead of raspberries, add a tablespoon of lemon zest and sprinkle powder sugar on top for a more festive look. That my friends will be another fantastic version.
Raspberry Ricotta Cake
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 8 pieces 1x
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups low fat ricotta
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup frozen raspberries or blackberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 9”-diameter cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk well.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs and vanilla. Beat with a fork.
- Add the ricotta and mix until smooth and there are no lumps of ricotta cheese
- Using a spatula, fold into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in the melted butter and mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.,
- Fold in 1 cup raspberries, taking care not to crush berries. Scrape batter into prepared pan and scatter remaining 1/2 cup raspberries over top.
- Bake cake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cool at least 20 minutes before unmolding.