Hello my friends! I’m finally back in Arizona from our long trip to Boston and New York. While I intended to post this recipe during my trip, time just slipped away from me! Each day we would be on the go from the minute we got up to late at night when we returned to our hotel; exhausted but happy! The saying time flies when you’re having fun is nothing but the truth.
I have so much to share with you but I need to organize my thoughts first since they would be a bunch of rambling sentences otherwise (well, they usually are anyways but they could be much worse!…. believe me ;)).
One thing I know for sure is that this trip inspired me to develop new recipes and to decorate my home for Fall! The views in upstate New York right now are beautiful. The trees are starting to turn orange, red & yellow……and while I didn’t get to experience the full blown Fall scenery it is still breath-taking!
Are you ready for Fall?
Rustic Sausage Quiche
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 precooked sausage patties, separated into chances
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomates, halved
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whip the eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté the sausage for about 2-3 minutes. Add the onions and sauté until onions are soft.
- Add the sausage/onion mixture in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Layer the tomatoes on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges.