- 1 tablespoon avocado or vegetable oil
- 1 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 20 dried arbol chiles, stemmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup water (or more if needed)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add peanuts and garlic. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the chiles and sauté for about 45 seconds. Being careful not to burn the chiles.
- Transfer to a blender and the salt and water; blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
For a milder salsa, use less chiles de arbol or substitute some of them for Chile Japones (Japanese Chile is milder than Arbol Chile).
- Serving Size: 1 oz
- Calories: 81
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 157 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: Salsa de Cacahuate - Mexican Peanut Salsa