This is the BEST recipe for Shrimp Aguachile!! – so fresh & healthy. Learn to make this easy dish at home in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 lb good quality raw shrimp. (It’s okay to use previously frozen shrimp)
- 1 jalapeño pepper or 2 serrano chilies if you like it more spicy, stemmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons fresh juice from 4 limes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 sliced avocado
- Tostadas or corn tortilla chips for serving
- Split shrimp in half lengthwise and discard any veins. Transfer to a plate cover with plastic, and refrigerate while we prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a blender, add the chiles, cilantro, water & lime juice. Blend it thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, toss shrimp with chili-lime marinade, onion, and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper to taste then place in refrigerator for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Serve right away topped with avocado and tostadas, tortilla chips or saltines on the side.
- Serving Size: 4 oz of shrimp
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 916 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 155 mg
Keywords: receta de aguachirle, sinaloa, como hacer, camarones, seafood, verde, green aguachile