Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
A delicious recipe for healthy & Low Carb Shrimp Lettuce Wraps. So easy to make and ready in about 20 minutes. Say goodbye to take-out!
- Author: Ana Frias
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1-3/4 cups 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 head butter lettuce or romain lettuce hearts
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- ½ tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola or avocado oil, divided
- 30 grams cashews (little less than ¼ cup), coarsely chopped
- 6 oz shrimp, deveined & cut into small cubes
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, the white and green parts, sliced
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 carrot, shredded or cut into thin strips.
- Divide the lettuce into leaves and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat ½ tablespoon canola or avocado oil over medium-high heat until almost smoking.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry until browned. About 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and discard any juices from the pan.
- In the same skillet, heat the other ½ tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, bell pepper, green onions, and carrots.
- Stir fry until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and add the cashews and cilantro. Add the soy-sauce mixture and stir-fry until the shrimp is throughly cooked. About 3 minutes.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture evenly onto lettuce leaves.
1) If you don’t have a wok, use a cast iron skillet since they heat more evenly than a regular skillet.
2) Make sure not to overcook the shrimp as it can turn rubbery.
- Serving Size: Half portion
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 753 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 131 mg
Keywords: Lettuce Wraps, healthy asian recipe, shrimp recipe, weeknight meals