This Shrimp Pasta with Creamy Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce is simple, flavorful and incredibly hearty. The penne pasta & shrimp is tossed with a sauce made with tomatoes, onions, garlic and the artisanal Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce.
We are about to combine a few of my favorite things into one mouth-watering recipe for this Shrimp Pasta with Creamy Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce. I love a good one-pot meal because it means less dishes at the end of the meal. With a full time job, a blog to run, family & friend gatherings, gym time, etc. I’m really looking to get dinner on the table with ease and with minimal post-dinner cleanup.
When I make new dishes I always think if I would serve them at a dinner party, and let me tell you, this would be one of them! I’m sure this would satisfy all kinds of palates.
To make a successful one pot dish, the sauce that accompanies the pasta is just as important as the ingredients that go into the dish. It can add depth of flavor to a meal and really set it apart from the rest. The sauce used in this dish mixes together cooked tomatoes, onions, garlic and this Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce from Salsaology.
This post was sponsored by the wonderful people at Salsaology – I was very excited to try their cooking sauces since they were inspired by regional flavors and ingredients of Mexico. I mean, who could resist a sauce named Chile Negro & Hibiscus or Tres Chiles & Mezcal! For this dish I chose the Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce since I never turn anything down named Tamarind!
I love to work with people that inspire me and that I truly believe in their product. This company is female owned in Los Angeles, CA and all of their sauces are made with all natural, non GMO, local ingredients. I’m all for that!
Salsaology is generously offering an awesome 15% discount code to my readers on your order! Just use code: “ANA15” at the checkout to receive your discount! You really can’t go wrong with any of the choices they have and I’m sure you’ll love this artisanal sauce!
Go make this! Bueno Provecho friends!Print
Shrimp Pasta with Creamy Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 12 oz cooked penne pasta, drained (reserve 1 cup pasta water)
- 4 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lb raw medium shrimp, peeled and devein (sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 2 oz shaved parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons flat parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and cook until it start to turn pink. About 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer shrimp to a bowl and cover. Set aside.
- On the same pot, add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and butter. Cook the onions and garlic on high heat until the onions start to become transparent.
- Add the tomato and cook until they start to release all of the juices. Remove from heat and cool off for about 5 minutes.
- Add mixture to a blender plus the Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce, Mexican cream & 1 cup of reserved pasta water, . Blend until the sauce reaches a creamy consistency.
- Return sauce to the large pot and cook for about 5 minutes on low heat. Add the pasta & shrimp and cook until everything is warm again.
- Add salt & pepper to taste if needed.
- Sprinkle with parsley, thyme & parmesan cheese and serve while hot.