- 2 mango, peeled & diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, roasted, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil for the grill or cast iron skillet plus two tablespoons
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon store bought blackening seasoning
- 8 small (6 in) corn tortillas
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pre-heat grill and oil the grill rack.
- Thread shrimp on metal or soaked wooden skewers, running skewer through the body once near the tail and once near the head end of each shrimp so it looks like the letter C.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 2 tablespoons of oil and blackening seasoning.
- Brush the shrimp with some of the spice mixture.
- Place the shrimp skewers and close lid on gas grill.
- Cook, turning once, until shrimp are bright pink and opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part, 5 to 6 minutes total.
- Lightly brush the tortillas with the remaining oil mixture and place over the hottest part of the grill. Grill until they start to puff up, about 1 minute.
- Turn using tongs and cook for another minute.
- To service just arrange the shrimp on the tortillas and add the salsa.