This light and luscious Strawberry Mousse is made with only 4 ingredients and contains no eggs. It’s made with heavy cream, strawberries, a little sugar and cookie crumbles. How simple is that!
Hi Guys, I hope you all had a nice weekend! Mine sure went fast! In fact, Mr. Delish and I always talk about how fast time goes by and it feels like we were just celebrating Christmas not too long ago….and before you know it we’ll be celebrating X-Mass 2015! Okay, I won’t be so dramatic about time but you know where I’m coming from 😉 . Speaking of time going fast can you believe it’s strawberry season again? These days you can find strawberries any time of year but I love the real season since you know that’s when they will be the most sweet and flavorful. I went to the store the other day and could not pass up the strawberry sale! So I ended up coming home with more strawberries than my belly can handle in one sitting.
I have a list of strawberry recipes I want to make and we’ll start with a super easy mousse. All you need to do is add the ingredients in a blender and voila! Top with more strawberries and crumble cookies for some crunchiness. Aren’t these just gorgeous? If you invited me to your home for dinner, and served this for dessert, it would impress the heck out of me! 🙂
Simple Strawberry Mousse
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups hulled strawberries plus a few strawberries for topping
- About 4 cream cookies (crumbled).
- In a blender, place the heavy cream and the sugar.
- Blend for about 30 seconds or until the cream just forms stiff peaks.
- Add the strawberries and blend for another minute or until the strawberries are pureed well.
- Add the crumbled cookies to 4 glass dessert cups. Top evenly with the strawberry mousse.
- Add sliced strawberries to the top and more crumbled cookies.
- Note: the mousse can be made ahead and keep refrigerated until ready to eat. Assemble right before eating so that the cookies stay crunchy.