Skinny Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Carb lovers, these Skinny Cheddar Bay Biscuits are for you! These biscuits are golden on top, and moist and fluffy on the inside.
- Author: Ana Frias
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 7 biscuits 1x
- Category: Side dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoon cold light butter + 1 tablespoon for brushing at the end
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt, 1/8 tsp. garlic powder and baking soda.
- Cut in 2 Tbsp. butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add cheese.
- Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Be careful not to over mix.
- Drop by two tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt remaining butter in microwave (takes about 45 seconds) stir in dried parsley and remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Brush over biscuits.
- Serve warm.
How to make cake flour: For each 1 cup of flour, remove one tablespoon from it. Then add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 324 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Keywords: copycat red lobster, cheddar biscuits, cheddar bay, easy, homemade bread,