Learn to make this Traditional Mexican Sopa (soup) with my easy & simple method
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 (7 ounces) package of mexican pasta. Shells, alphabet, or fideo (or vermicelli noodles, broken into 2″ pieces)
- 1/4 cup white or yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 beef bullion cube
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- A dash of kosher salt (about 1/8 of teaspoon)
- A dash of black pepper (about 1/8 of teaspoon)
- In a 4-qt. saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute the pasta until slightly browned. Keep stirring constantly to brown all sides. About 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and saute for another 1 to 2 minutes until soft.
- Add the broth, tomato sauce, beef bullion, cilantro, pepper & salt.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium low; simmer until the noodles are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 1897 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Mexican Sopa, Sopa de Fideo, how to make mexican sopa, como hacer sopa de fideo, sopa food