Pair this summery savory Galette with grilled steak, seafood or chicken to make the perfect meal.
Ahhh Galettes….I just love the sound of that. Seriously, there is something about Galettes that I just LOVE! It could be that they are so easy to make, specially this one. If you have a food processor, the dough is ready in no time. There is no need to knead it and it only requires that you let it rest for 30 minutes prior to rolling it out. For the toppings you can add whatever you feel like but for me, simplicity is the key. This one only has 3 ingredients for the topping but next time I think I’ll be adding caramelized red onions. If you decide to make them, let your imagination run wild and combine your favorite ingredients.
I also love Galettes for dessert. If you’re into that, you can make this Cherry Berry Galette I tried a couple of years ago. The other reason I love Galette’s is they present well with a rustic look that you would think took a long time to achieve. Aren’t they beautiful?
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend my friends! We’re getting ready for a hot one. Last weekend we were in the mid 80’s but now we’re expecting to be up to 108 by Sunday… yikes! Crazy weather I tell ya!
- 3.4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt plus
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or multicolored pear tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- To prepare the dough, combine the flour, cornmeal, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor; Pulse once or twice to mix. Add the butter and nd pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add ice water through and process just until combined (do not over mix).
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and press into a ball, then press the ball into a disk about 4 inches wide. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to 1 day before rolling out.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Unwrap dough, and roll dough into a 13-inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Place dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Arrange tomatoes, cut sides up, on top of dough, leaving a 1 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Fold edges of dough over tomatoes to partially cover.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with the basil & cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1 wedge
- Calories: 127
- Sodium: 322
- Fat: 6.2
- Carbohydrates: 14.7
- Fiber: 1.1
- Protein: 3.5