Waffles a la Suzette. The orange buttery sauce is all you need to turn your ordinary waffles into an amazing breakfast!
I’m all about a no fuss dish when hosting brunch or when I want to treat my husband to a delicious breakfast. Normally you would serve the Suzette sauce over crepes but I chose to serve it over frozen waffles to save time. Plus crispy waffles go perfect with a buttery sauce!
To save some calories I use light butter (half the calories) and zero calorie Truvia® Natural Sweetener packets. This is a great option to staying healthy while satisfying your sweet tooth!Another delicious recipe in collaboration with the lovely folks at Truvia. I’ve used their products for many years to watch my sugar intake. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Recipe adapted from Food To Love.Print
Waffles a la Suzette
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: Serves 4 people 1x
- 1/2 cup light butter
- 2 Truvia Natural Sweetener packet (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 8 frozen waffles
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, sliced thinly into rounds
- 2 tablespoons toasted flaked almonds
- For the Suzette sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the Truvia, zest & orange juice.
- Cook over low heat and stir often until Truvia dissolves. Do not boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered without stirring for about 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Warm waffles according to package directions.
- Top with orange slices, almonds and drizzle the Suzette sauce.
Here is another amazing Breakfast recipe using Truvia natural sweetener: