Waffles a la Suzette
- Author: Ana @ Muy Delish
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: Serves 4 people 1x
- 1/2 cup light butter
- 2 Truvia Natural Sweetener packet (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 8 frozen waffles
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, sliced thinly into rounds
- 2 tablespoons toasted flaked almonds
- For the Suzette sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the Truvia, zest & orange juice.
- Cook over low heat and stir often until Truvia dissolves. Do not boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered without stirring for about 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Warm waffles according to package directions.
- Top with orange slices, almonds and drizzle the Suzette sauce.