Cool & refreshing Boozy Watermelon Popsicles are perfectly sweetened with just a hint of booze. This recipe is easy and perfect for summer! Make them with vodka, rum or tequila like I did.
- 5 cups of fresh watermelon chunks
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 packets of Truvia natural sweetener or your favorite brand (I find that these one doesn’t have an after taste)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces of your preferred tequila (alternatives are vodka or rum)
- In a blender, puree the watermelon until all chunks are gone.
- Add the sweetener, lime juice and tequila. Blend again until everything is mixed well.
- Pour popsicles mixture equally into 10 molds. Attach covers. Insert sticks, leaving 1 1/2 to 2 inches of each exposed.
- Freeze popsicles upright until firm, at least 3 hours or up to 2 weeks.
- Hold each mold up to the rim under warm running water just until paletas are released from sides of molds, 5 to 15 seconds. Remove covers and pull out popsicles.
- Eat immediately or store in freezer.
Buy the best watermelon! Select the one that has the most orange-yellow splotches where the watermelons rested on the ground.
- Serving Size: 1 Popsicle
- Calories: 34
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: boozy, homemade, alcoholic, summer, paletas, sandia, receta mexicana