A new chapter is about to begin for this blog. The change was inevitable and it was only a matter of time. I was scared of the change more than anything and was in denial for a few months. For over a year I’ve been wanting to change the blog’s name. I felt “Fit, fun & delish” did not “fit” me anymore (pun intended :D). The focus of this blog has shifted to recipes only and I’m no longer directly involved with the fitness community, so I’m not writing fitness posts like I did way back in the beginning. Don’t get me wrong, I still lift weights in the gym (I despise cardio!) and will never change that part of me, but I want to focus more on my passion for cooking. Not just “healthy” food but all kinds of foods!
I will continue to post lots of wholesome food recipes because that should be the base of our nutrition. I don’t like to restrict food groups and don’t follow fad diets (paleo, gluten free, vegan, keto etc.) so you will never see that here. I’ll still focus on eating whole foods 85% of the time and indulgent foods the other 15%.
I started this blog almost 5 years ago. My first post was in July 2010!!! It started out slow and I thought that was the end of it. Then I resurrected it after a year and here I am! Back in the beginning, I noticed I did not post very often. I think it was because I didn’t feel connected to the brand “Fit, fun & delish!”. I tried to make it work but something was missing.
This will be my last post under this name and while the process of merging the two URLs (web addresses) is scary, I’m ready to bring it! Next time you receive a post from me, it will be from my brand new and shiny blog!
Stand by 🙂
These waffles helped me ease my nerves of this transition and will definitely make your breakfast extra especial if you make them. The flavor the honeyed strawberries give is rich and refreshing at the same time. I always ate my waffles/pancakes with syrup but this recipe just changed that! I really liked the honey so that will be a keeper.