Melt In Your Mouth Italian Meatballs
These are homemade Italian Meatballs without the guilt! I'm a fan of using 96% ground beef to keep my recipes healthy and full of protein without the fat!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 pounds 96% lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup italian bread crumbs
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars of your favorite marinara sauce
In a large bowl add all ingredients and combine with your hands until everything is mixed through.
Shape into meatballs.
Heat a large pot or skillet over medium high heat.
Fry meatballs in batches using 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Turn the meatballs about 3 times and cook them 2 minutes per side.
Remove from heat and set aside on a plate. Repeat this process until all meatballs are cooked.
On the same pot or skillet, add the marinara sauce and deglaze until all of the brown bits from the meat blend into the sauce.
Return the meatballs to the pot and cook for an additional 30 to 45 minutes until soft.
Serving: 4meatballs | Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 536mg | Potassium: 57mg