📋 Ceviche De Pescado & Mango
Ceviche De Pescado & Mango is one of the healthiest and freshest things you can eat!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh white fish cut into small cubes (see notes below for recommended fish types)
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 cup fresh lime juice about 6 – 7 large limes
- 1 large firm mango cut into 1/2 inch cubes (Optional)
- 2 serrano peppers very finely diced
- 2 medium roma tomatoes seeded, finely diced
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium avocado cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
Place the fish, red onion and lime juice in a medium glass or plastic bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours to “cook” the fish. Note: The lime juice must cover the fish completely for evenly “cooking.”
Once it has cooked thru (you'll know by looking at it and the texture has turned opaque), add the remaining ingredients and mix very gently to combine. It is very important to do it delicately so that the fish continue to hold its shape.
Serve cold with tortilla chips, tostadas or saltines.
- Use any semi-firm white fish, such as snapper, halibut, sea bass, cod, flounder or tilapia
- Use fresh limes for this cooking process as the bottled stuff will not do it!
- Store in an airtight glass container for up to two days. Ceviche De Pescado is best when eaten on the same day.
- Do not drain the lime juice after it's done curing. That's where the flavor is at!
- Serve cold with tortilla chips, tostadas or the good ol' saltines!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 763mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g