Egg Salad Sandwich (w/ Ricotta & Cottage Cheese)
This is not your typical Egg Salad Sandwich. The creaminess comes from mixing ricotta & cottage cheese and nothing else! It tastes very fresh and it has a hint of buttery flavor. So good!
Servings 4 sandwiches
- 4 hard boiled eggs quartered
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme chives, or rosemary work too
- Kosher salt & fresh pepper to taste
- 8 small slices of wheat bread or your preferred artisan bread
- 1 ounce baby spinach leaves
In a medium bowl, place the hard boiled eggs, thyme, ricotta & cottage cheese.
Using a fork, crush everything together until combined.
Add kosher salt & fresh pepper to taste.
Assemble the sandwiches with the egg mixture and the spinach.
- I'm using bread that is only 45 calories per slice. The macro-nutrients below will change if you use a higher calorie bread.
- How to make hard boiled eggs: In a small pot, place water enough to cover the eggs (don't add the eggs yet), bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the eggs gently and cook for 15 minutes making sure the water is continue to boil slowly. Drain, cool in ice water and peel.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 192mg | Sodium: 363mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g