Rajas Con Crema (Roasted Poblanos in a creamy sauce)
Make this delicious recipe for Rajas Con Crema made with roasted chiles poblano, corn, Mexican cream & shredded cheese. A classic dish full of Mexican flavors!
Servings 4 people
- 3 large Roasted Poblano Peppers cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ large white onion Sliced in strips
- 2 garlic cloves finely shopped
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bullion powder or 1 cube
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese (or use 8 oz for extra creaminess)
- 1 cup Mexican crema, heavy whipping cream or sour cream
- 1 cup shredded melting cheese such a Oaxaca, Chihuahua, Mozarella, Monterrey jack, etc.
In a medium saucepan or skillet, add the butter and onions over medium-high heat. Sautee until onion starts to soften. Add the garlic and roasted poblano strips. Cook for two minutes stirring often.
Add the corn, chicken bullion & black pepper and mix well.
Lower heat to medium, add the cream cheese and Mexican crema (or your substitute). Mix well.
Cook for about 5 minutes or until the cream starts to bubble.
Finally, add the shredded cheese and cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let it sit covered until the cheese has melted. Serve hot or warm.
To re-heat just turn the stove back on on low heat until heated through.
Serve as a side dish, in tacos or add cooked shredded chicken when you add the poblano peppers. if you use rotisserie chicken it would make a great fast meal!
Serving: 2cup | Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 567mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g