Chipotle Crema - Healthy, Easy & Delicious!
This Chipotle Crema recipe is lightened up with Greek yogurt. No mayo here! It’s so easy to whisk this crema together. Recipe yields 1 cup and keeps well for 10 to 14 days.
Servings 1 Cup
- 2 chipotle peppers seeds removed
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (or Mexican crema)
- For vegan version use 1/2 cup Vegan mayonnaise and 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt instead.
- 3 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp kosher salt, or more to taste
In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients (2 chipotle peppers, 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (or Mexican crema), 3 teaspoons lime juice and ¾ teaspoon kosher salt).
Blend until the chipotle pepper is pureed and incorporated well with the yogurt.
Taste and adjust the lime juice and salt as needed.
This crema will last as long as the expiration date of the yogurt or crema.
The calories are based on using 8 ounces of Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
Serving: 2Tbsp | Sodium: 31mg | Sugar: 1g | Potassium: 40mg | Cholesterol: 1mg | Calories: 20kcal | Protein: 3g | Carbohydrates: 2g