The BEST recipe for Aguachile De Camaron! The shrimp is marinated with a sauce made of jalapeños & serrano peppers, cilantro and lime juice. Easy, heathy & delicious!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb good quality raw shrimp. It's okay to use previously frozen shrimp
- 1 jalapeño pepper or 2 serrano chilies if you like it more spicy stemmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons fresh juice from 4 limes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 sliced avocado
- Tostadas or corn tortilla chips for serving
Split shrimp in half lengthwise and discard any veins. Transfer to a plate cover with plastic, and refrigerate while we prepare the rest of the ingredients.
In a blender, add the chiles, cilantro, water & lime juice. Blend it thoroughly.
In a mixing bowl, toss shrimp with chili-lime marinade, onion, and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper to taste then place in refrigerator for 10 to 20 minutes.
Serve right away topped with avocado and tostadas, tortilla chips or saltines on the side.
Serving: 4oz of shrimp | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 916mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g