Shrimp Ceviche Sonora Style
Ceviche is one of the ultimate healthy Mexican dishes! Fresh seafood, loaded with "good for you" veggies and just a little fat from the avocado.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lbs raw shrimp peeled and divined
- 1 cucumbers – diced into small chunks
- 2 small tomatoes – diced into small chunks
- 1/2 Avocado diced into small chunks
- Lime Juice - about 5 limes or more as needed
- 1/3 white medium onion
- 2 serrano or jalapeno peppers finely chopped – seeds optional
- 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 cup of clamato juice or V8 tomato juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Ketchup according to taste optional
Cut shrimp into small pieces and place in a plastic or glass container
Add the lime juice making sure all of the shrimp is covered with it (add more lime juice if necessary).
Cover shrimp and refrigerate for at least three hours (preferably overnight).
Mix all vegetables, and set aside in the fridge.
When the shrimp is cooked through (it will be pink), add the vegetables, clamato juice, salt & pepper and mix well.
Serve with tostadas, saltines or tortilla chips. Add a little ketchup to personal servings if you decide to use any.
- Marinating the shrimp with the lime juice is the cooking process.
- Make sure to use real lime juice. Do not use lemons. The lime juice is more acidic and it’s needed to cook the shrimp thoroughly.
- I like to add a little ketchup as well since the sweetness of it magnifies all of the flavors! Don't be afraid to try it.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 917mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g