The Best Tuna Casserole
This delicious & easy Tuna Noodle Casserole comes together in just under 35 minutes and requires very few ingredients, making it perfect for weeknight dinners!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 12 oz package egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 6 oz cans tuna, drained preferably white tuna in water
- 1 26 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk (2%, whole or your favorite milk)
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray with cooking spray a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta for about 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse under cold water.
In a small skillet, over medium heat, add the 2 tablespoons of butter. When the butter has melted, saute the 1/4 cup onions until soft and translucent. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the noodles (Note: reserve 1/2 cup of cheese to add on top of the casserole). Add the noodles and mix thoroughly.
Transfer mix to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
Serving: 2cups | Sodium: 1502mg | Sugar: 3g | Fiber: 3g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Calories: 452kcal | Saturated Fat: 11g | Fat: 26g | Protein: 28g | Carbohydrates: 32g