?Shrimp Quiche Recipe
A delicious flaky & buttery Shrimp Quiche loaded healthy ingredients like spinach, shrimp, and onions. Only 380 calories per slice and 22 grams of protein!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 9 inch homemade or store-bought pie crust bring to room temperature
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt plus 1/4 teaspoon divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 lb raw shrimp cut into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach or Swiss chard
- 4 ounces lite mozzarella cheese shredded
- Tomato slices for topping any type of tomato will work
Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray and line with the prepared pie crust. Set aside
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, milk, Greek yogurt, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions start to become transparent, about 2 minutes.
Add the shrimp, season with 1/4 tsp black pepper & 1/4 tsp salt and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook until shrimp is cooked through. About 5 minutes.
Spread the caramelized onions & shrimp mixture on the bottom of the crust. Layer spinach, the cheese and pour the egg mixture on top. Add the final layer with tomatoes.
Bake the quiche until puffed and firm when touched in the center, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. To serve, cut into 6 pieces.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
- Place the pan with the quiche on a baking tray prior to baking so that it's easier to place in oven and when taking it out.
- I used to Greek yogurt to increase the protein but sour cream works as well.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 330mg | Sodium: 1141mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g