Curry Chicken Salad Sliders
Use rotisserie chicken for the shredded chicken as it makes for a perfect weeknight dinner. It’s also excellent for friends, a pot luck or a summer reunion.
Servings 4 people
- 3 cups shredded chicken Use rotisserie
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 5 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup medium red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup salted roasted cashews coarsely chopped
- 1 firm-ripe mango 3/4 pound, peeled, pitted, and chopped (optional)
Soak the cranberries for about 10 minutes to soften them up. Another quick method is to microwave them for about 1 minute in enough water to cover them.
In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry, lime juice, honey, ginger, salt, and pepper.
Whisk until blended.
In a separate large bowl, add the chicken, onion, cranberries, cashews and mango (if using) and stir gently to combine.
Fold in the mayonnaise mixture and combine all ingredients well.
Serve immediately over slider buns or store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Serving: 2sliders | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 760mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g